Your teeth are delicate and face damage such as staining, chips, or cracks. At New Hope Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, located in New Hope, PA, Dr. Dawn Rickert offers veneers to help you overcome this damage and enjoy your smile.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are thin shells custom designed to match your tooth's natural color to improve its overall appearance. They are made from porcelain or composite resin and permanently bond to the front of your teeth. Your dentist matches the veneer to the exact shape, size, and shade, of your teeth so your veneers come out looking natural.
What are the Steps for Placing Veneers in New Hope, PA?
- Consult with Dr. Rickert, who inspects your oral health and creates a treatment plan to map out the entire process of placing veneers
- Minor modifications are made to your smile to make room for the veneers
- Impressions are taken to custom-fit your veneers
- The dental lab creates your veneers to Dr. Rickert's exact specifications
- When the veneers return to the office, you also return and undergo their placement
- If satisfied with the product, they are then bonded to your teeth
- You have a fantastic and instant new smile when all is said and done
How Do I Care for My Veneers in New Hope, PA?
One of the best ways to care for and maintain your veneers is to practice good oral hygiene every day. If you already have an excellent oral hygiene regimen in place, you won't need to adjust anything once the veneers are placed. For example, brushing with a soft toothbrush twice a day, flossing once a day, and rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash daily will help your veneers last.
If you grind your teeth or clench your jaw, it can damage the veneers. Your dentist can fit you for a mouth guard to help protect them from damage. You will also want to avoid hard candies and chewing on your nails, pens, ice, and food bones.
Lastly, visit your dentist regularly to keep your smile healthy. They will be able to spot any minor complications that may occur with your veneers before they become significant problems.
Do veneers sound like what you are looking for to help improve your smile? In that case, it is time to book your veneers consultation appointment with Dr. Rickert at New Hope Cosmetic and Family Dentistry by calling (215) 862-2525.